Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Psalm 142:1-7

At the time I was reading this passage I didn't know who it was for just knew that the Holy Spirit was tugging at my heart to read and share some of my experiences and thoughts. 
A prayer when overwhelmed and desperate. When we feel cornered by our enemies, only God can keep us safe. 
David is the author of this Psalm.


~Psalm 142:1-7~
I cry out to the Lord; I plead for the Lord's mercy. I pour out my complaints before him and tell him all about my troubles. When I am overwhelmed, you alone know the way I should turn. Wherever I go, my enemies have set traps for me. I look for someone to come and help me, but no one gives me a passing thought! No one will help me; no one cares a bit what happens to me. Then I pray to you, O Lord. I say, "You are my place of refuge. You are all I really want in life. Hear my cry for I am very Low. Rescue me from my persecutors, for they are too strong for me. Bring me out of prison so I can thank you. The godly will crowd around me, for you are good to me. " 


- When I read through this psalm it reminds me of times that I've had, that were very low. David and I have a lot in common when it comes to our emotions. We have caught ourselves in deep depression. As a child of God I know that depression is dangerous in many ways, one I believe your welcoming the wrong type of influence in your life and presence. One reason why we should immediately cry out to the Lord for his mercy and light to surround us! For the enemy sets traps and he is too strong for us alone. Although humbling yourself to the Lord and admitting without him you can not escape the prison your in. God knows where he needs to bring us, so that we completely give EVERYTHING to him. Our lives is in his control and knowing that we should find peace and understanding that God cares, he loves us and he can't stop thinking about us. The struggles we face weather it be mental, or physical just know God has a purpose and if it hasn't already been reviled by him. have faith that he will. Sometimes he's cleaning house for us. Stay in the light and his word, immerse yourself in his word, and you will find that you have peace and you'll start to crave that time with just the Lord! Amen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment