Friday, April 9, 2010

Spending Time In The Word

Before I take off and get on the road toward California to see my friend and her new little addition to her family, I decided to spend some time in the word. There are some family on my mind and I've been praying for them. I hope that they find peace and guidance in the Lord. Well here is what came of it. 
-Proverbs 17:3-
Fire test the purity of silver and gold, but he Lord tests the heart. 
It takes intense heat to purify gold and silver. Similarly, it often takes the heat of trails for the Christian to be purified. Through trails, God shows us what is in us and clears out anything that gets in the way of complete trust in him. Peter says, "These trails will show that your faith is far more precious than mere gold" (1 Peter 1:7). So when tough times come your way, realize that God wants to use them to refine your faith and purify your heart. 
-When I read this it set me back a moment. If going through these trails, that we run into every day in our life, is to purify are heart and refine our faith them keep them coming Lord!! Yeah, you might think I am crazy, but I would give anything to keep my heart, mind and soul near the Lord. I feel that going through the rough patches is better than having no understanding to why these rough patches of life are happening, or them having no purpose. I would rather have a purpose and becoming a better person then what I am now. I would rather know that the Lord loves me and wants me to succeed and prosper...that's why he's allowing certain things to occur. Don't forget that sometimes we make our own mistakes and the Lord saves us from bad decisions that we have or about to make.  
- Proverbs 19:3- 
people ruin their lives by their own foolishness and then are angry at the Lord.
Guilty, yes before I really even had a glimpse of who Jesus was in my life, I blamed him for my own foolishness as if he cause my pain and suffering...when in all reality it was my own stubbornness and foolishness that got me into that mess in the first place. But the Lord is so amazing that he not only forgives us, but he rescues us from are mess. 
-Proverbs 18:10-
The name of the Lord is a strong fortress; the godly run to him and are safe. 
Don't forget my friends and family that we can run into people in our live's that aren't are friends but are sheep in disguise, it can also be family in sheep clothing. Always know that the Lord reviles all sin. If you are wise, and stay in the Lord's presence he will guide you and give you wisdom when you run into certain circumstance that sometimes seem confusing.
-Proverbs 16:28-
A troublemaker plants seeds of strife; gossip separates the best of friends. 
Don't let someone you know that is a troublemaker come into your life. Stay away and seek refuge in the Lord, he will guide you and give you the right words to express to your friend or family member of the reasons why you have decided not to befriend them or why you choose not to hang around  with that family member but rather you be in prayer for them and when they need godly wisdom that you would be there for them. How do you support that person without letting them plant seeds of destruction in your life...don't go everywhere they go. Instead let them know why you do go there, or why places or activities they are doing would separate yourself from the Lord, and why your relationship with Christ mean more to you then destroying that relationship. And if this person wants to be your friend/family member they will understand and support you, if they don't then all you can do is pray that the Lord opens their mind, eyes and heart like yours is to Jesus. 
-Proverbs 16:30-
With narrowed eyes, people plot evil; with a smirk, they plan their mischief. 
I am going to end with this...be on alert, the devil wants to destroy and he will others in your life that you love dearly to bring you there if he can. Always guard your heart and don't let the enemy try to find a cracked door or a door not guarded. Also don't feel that if you have fallen that you can't get back up again and try. This is not less worthy of the Lord. You are precious to him always run to him, he is your father, he loves you! He wouldn't have given his only son, Jesus, for you if this wasn't true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment